Dietary factors related to blood pressure
- Salt / sodium
- Body weight
Salt / Sodium
Excessive salt will increase your blood pressure.
Do no take more than 6 gram of salt per day (equivalent to 2 grams of Sodium or 1 teaspoon per day).
Different food contain different amount of salt.
Table of Salt Content of Food
|White/ whole meal bread|
Enhancing food flavours
- Use spices, herbs, garlic or onion.
- Squeeze lemon juice into your soup instead of using salt.
- Eat more natural and freshly prepared foods.
Lose Weight – Keeping Trim and Fit
- Weight reduction has been shown to help reduce blood pressure in overweight patient.
- You need to decrease your food intake based on Malaysian Dietary Guidelines. Do regular exercise.
|Last reviewed||:||19 April 2012|
|Writer||:||Norizan Mashttah bt. Mardan|
|Mahnon Suria bt. Mokhy|
|Siti Farrah Zaidah bt. Mohd Yazid|
|Junidah bt. Raib|