Bacillus cereus causes two types of foodborne illness which is emetic (vomiting) and diarrheal form.
- Dust and soil
- Inadequate cooked rice
- Fried rice
- Cereal product
- Meat dishes
- Starchy foods
Mode of Spread
- Improper handling and serving of cooked food
- Holding cooked food at room temperature for too long
- Left over food not properly reheated
- Nausea and vomitting
- Abdominal pain
Onset of illness
It ranges from 1 to 24 hours according to strain of the bacteria.
- Reheat food properly to boiling temperature
- Keep left over food in the refrigerator
- Do not leave cooked food at room temperature for more than four hours.
|Last reviewed||:||19 April 2012|
|Writer||:||Dr. A’aisah bt. Senin|
|Norrani bt. Eksan|
|Reviewer||:||Badruzzaman bin Abdul Rahim|