Relaxation is a state in which you feel relieved from tension or strain. There are different techniques of relaxation.
- Relieve stress in conditions such as hypertension, heart disease, difficulty in sleeping, tension headaches and asthma.
- Coping skill – to calm the mind and restore clarity of thought.
Relaxation is important when you have the following symptoms:-
- Difficulty in breathing
- Uncontrolled blood glucose level
- Bodily discomfort such as indigestion, constipation and restlessness
- Tiredness and/or difficulty in sleeping
- Muscle tension particularly in neck and shoulder muscles
- Difficulty in concentrating and a tendency to worry
- Impatience, feeling irritable and easily aroused to anger
- Loss of appetite or excessive eating
- Loss of sexual interest
|Last Review||:||26 April 2012|
|:||Normah bt. Nordin|
|:||Thillainathan a/l Krishnan|
|Reviewed||:||Thillainathan a/l Krishnan|