What is voyeurism?
- This is an example of a paraphillia, which is a sexual deviant behaviour
- Another commonly used term is “Peeping Tom / skodeng”.
- A person with voyeurism gets sexual satisfaction from peeping others doing sexual acts, undressing, bathing or sitting on the toilet.
You may have come across or heard of people who would hide and peep what the couples are doing in private.
This person, who peeps gets sexual satisfaction but the victims will feel outraged, embarrassed with negative emotions.
When to seek help?
If you are:
- Engaged in voyeurism.
- Having tendencies towards voyeurism.
- A victim.
Whom and where to seek help from?
The first step is to open up and tell someone whom you trust.
- Family doctor.
Some helpful organizations are :
Link to government agencies
- Ministry of Health
- National Population and Family Development Board
- Welfare Department
- Ministry of Education
- Department of Islamic Development Malaysia
Link to NGO’s
- Malaysian Consultative Council for Buddhism Christianity, Hinduism, Sikhism
- Islamic Medical Association of Malaysia
- Federation of Planning Associations Malaysia
- Malaysian Medical Associations
- Malaysian Psychiatric Associations
Do not worry. There is help for you.
|Last Reviewed||:||27 April 2012|
|Content Writer||:||Dr. Nik Rubiah bt. Nik Abd. Rashid|
|:||Dr. Jemah bt. Sajari|
|:||Dr. Salmiah bt. Md. Sharif|
|Reviewer||:||Datin Dr. Hjh. Zil Falillah bt. Hj. Mohd. Said|