- 8,000 smokers worldwide die each day from tobacco-related diseases.
- To maintain profits, the tobacco industry needs to recruit new smokers to replace those who have quit or died.
- You are young and a good target. So, if you start smoking now, a good chance you will continue for many years.
What are the aims of tobacco industry?
To deceive and manipulate people into smoking especially children and youths.
How does tobacco industry get you to smoke?
By making you believe that when you smoke you will be :
- More mature or grown-up.
By making cigarettes :
- Easily available.
- Cheap (can be bought loose).
By hiding the truth that cigarettes :
- Are addictive.
- Are dangerous to your health.
- Kill you prematurely.
- Make you age faster.
By advertisement promoting cigarettes, attracting young people to attend :
How can you prevent this from happening to you and your friends?
You have to empower yourself.
- Here, we provide you with the platform to channel your outrage :
- Be an anti-tobacco youth advocate.
- Let your voice be heard.
- Know that when united as one force against the ploy of the tobacco industry your rights will be heard.
- Be Interactive on-line.
- Focus on activities other than smoking.
|Last reviewed||:||27 April 2012|
|Content Writer||:||Dr. Nor Saleha bt. Ibrahim Tamin|
|Prof. Madya Dr. Alvin Ng Lai Oon|
|Prof. Madya Dr. Foong Kin|
|Reviewer||:||Dr. Iskandar Firzada b. Osman|