What is Nose Bleed?
Nose bleed (epitasis) usually occurs when there is rupture of the capillaries within the nasal cavity.
What causes Nose Bleed?
- Injury or trauma to the nose
- Extreme dry or cold air
- Forceful blowing of the nose
- Repeated sneezing attacks
- Tumors or growths in the nasal cavity
What you should do?
Do not panic during an episode of nose bleed.
- Make the person sit and bend forwards
- Ask the person to breathe through the mouth and pinch just below the hard part of nose for 10 minutes
- Continue to pinch the nose and get an ice pack to be placed on the forehead between the eyes
- After 10 minutes, stop pinching the nose and observe whether the bleeding has stopped. If bleeding persists, continue to pinch the nose for another 10 minutes
- Avoid sneezing, blowing and picking the nose
- Go to the nearest clinic / hospital to be examined by a doctor
|Last Reviewed||:||28 August 2020|
|Writer||:||Dr. Nazrila Hairizan bt. Nasir|
|Accreditor||:||Dr. Wan Fadhilah bte. Wan Ismail|
|Reviewer||:||Dr. Nazhatussima bt. Suhaili|