What is social development?
Social development is a process where you get your beliefs, identity and behaviors within a society. What happens during this development?
What are the factors influencing social development?
- Cultural and social structures
- Attitudes and behaviors in a culture shape social development.
- You grow according to social practices and expectations.
- Child-care customs by parents influence adolescents’ social development in:
- Communication skills
- Social skills (e.g. making friends)
- Daily living skills (e.g. self-care, domestic and community skills)
- Problem-solving skills
- Spiritual skills
- Financial Status
- Your family’s financial status influences social activities.
- Peer group influence
- Peers have stronger influence on adolescents’ social development compared to their parents.
- The media
- The media is a strong social force in transmitting youth culture.
|Last reviewed||:||27 April 2012|
|Content Writer||:||Hjh. Normah bt. Che Din|
|Reviewer||:||Datin Dr. Sheila Marimuthu|