“The first step leading to the road of success is to have a sense of self worth.”.
What is Self-Worth?
Self-worth is how much you value yourself and give priority to your own needs.
Why do you lack self-worth?
Self-worth may be lacking due to past experiences of being:
Exposed to negative events and negative feedback.
- Constantly being put down
- Constantly blamed for bad events
How do you know if you lack it?
Lacking self-worth will lead to:
- Belittling yourself in front of colleagues
- Not taking care of your physical, mental or spiritual self
- Always looking down at your own capabilities
- Not managing time and resources well
- Like the black sheep of the family
- Unwanted and rejected
- Bad in public
What if you do not do anything about it?
It will make you:
- Have poor self-esteem
- Feel unhappy
- Isolate yourself from your friends
- Think yourself unworthy
- Unable to control your life
How do you improve self-worth?
Do the following:
- Think positive
- Accept yourself for what you are
- Be responsible for your own happiness
- Learn new skills that boost your self-worth
Where can you get help?
You should seek advice from your:
- Trusted family members
- Religious teachers
Seek professional advice from::
|Last Reviewed||:||20 April 2012|
|Writer||:||Prof. Madya Dr. Mohd Jamil bin Yaacob|
|Reviewer||:||Pn. Shahidah Bt. Mohamed Makki|