What is Self-Image?
Self-image is the way you see yourself. It includes your:
Ini adalah cara bagaimana kita berhubung dengan diri sendiri dan orang lain.
Komponen keterampilan diri termasuk:
- Penampilan secara fizikal
- Pandangan anda terhadap diri sendiri dan pandangan orang lain terhadap diri anda
- Perasaan harga diri dan keyakinan diri
It is about how you relate to yourself and to others.
The components of self-image include:
- Physical appearance
- Perception of yourself and others
- Sense of self-worth and confidence
How do you know if you do not have good self-image?
Without good self-image, you will be:
- Ashamed of yourself
- Less independent from your parents
- Less eager to make friends
- Fearful to have a relationship
- More likely to degrade yourself
- Harming your body. Examples: smoking, self-medicating and excessive dieting
What if you do not do anything about it?
Not doing anything will:
- Affect your self-esteem and confidence
- Impair your social relationship
- Make you sad
- Lead you to fail as an adult
How can you improve it?
Do the following:
- Make a list of things you like and dislike about yourself
- Strengthen your likes and improve your dislikes
- Adopt positive thinking
- Practice a healthy lifestyle
- Accept criticism as useful comments
Where can you get help?
You should seek advice from your:
- Trusted family members
- Religious teachers
Seek professional advice from:
|Last Reviewed||:||20 April 2012|
|Writer||:||Prof. Madya. Dr. Mohd Jamil bin Yaacob|
|Reviewer||:||Pn. Shahidah Bt. Mohamed Makki|