What is Paedophilia?
- This is an example of a paraphillia, which is a sexual deviant behaviour.
- A person with paedophilia gets sexual arousal through sexual interaction with children.
- It is a crime of having sex with children.
- The perpetrator may be a stranger, a person known to the child or a family member.
What are the effects of Paedophilia?
- Psychological trauma to the victim and family
- Possible injury to the child
- Distress to the community
When shall one seek help?
If you are:
- Having tendencies towards Paedophilia.
- A victim but has not confided in anyone about it.
- In contact with someone who may need help.
Whom to seek help from?
The first step is to open up and tell someone whom you trust.
- Family doctor.
Some helpful organizations are :
- Link to government agencies
- Ministry of Health
- National Population and Family Development Board
- Welfare Department
- Ministry of Education
- Department of Islamic Development Malaysia
- Link to NGO’s
- Malaysian Consultative Council for Buddhism Christianity, Hinduism, Sikhism
- Islamic Medical Association of Malaysia
- Federation of Planning Associations Malaysia
- Malaysian Medical Associations
- Malaysian Psychiatric Associations
Do not worry. There is help for you.
|Last Reviewed||:||27 April 2012|
|Content Writer||:||Dr. Nazrila Hairizan bt. Nasir|
|Reviewer||:||Datin Dr. Hjh. Zil Falillah bt. Hj. Mohd. Said|