Home > TEENAGERS > Mental Health > One Stop Crisis Centre (OSCC)

One Stop Crisis Centre (OSCC)


The OSCC is a service provided at all government general hospitals in Malaysia. This centre is open 24 hours a day and caters to all cases pertaining to abuse, violence and exploitation of adults and children. The prevalence of such cases are on the rise in Malaysia as there are more awareness and better law  enforcement.

If you are being abused physically, sexually or emotionally or a victim of domestic violence, please go to the nearest government hospital. Your teacher or friend can accompany you. Your complaints will be taken seriously and attended by a medical officer to help you during the crisis.

The primary aim of the OSCC is to offer you a safe place to protect you from further harm, to examine your injuries and to treat accordingly, to help in the police investigation and to safely locate you till you get help from the social welfare department if needed. You will also be assessed for mental and emotional crisis and treated accordingly.


What will happen at the OSCC?

You will be questioned by a doctor. Please remember that the doctor will put your safety as a priority and he or she will need an accurate history from you. Don’t be afraid to tell the truth. After the initial questioning, the doctor will then perform an examination. Sometimes, for your safety and protection, a police report is made. If you are under 18yrs of age, your parents may be called-in. However if the abuse was done by parents, you will then be admitted to the ward and the safety and social workers will be informed.

If you were sexually exploited i.e. raped or molested, there will be a gynaecological examination as well. Your privacy will be protected. Some biological specimens will be taken from your blood, vagina, anus, nail and hair to be sent to the laboratory.

The doctor at the OSCC will decide whether you need admission to the paediatric or adult ward.


OSCC and other agencies

OSCC has close links with the police, NGO’s and the local Social Welfare Department.

All these agencies will work together to help you and your family in the event of a crisis.


When should i go to the OSCC?

You have to get help as soon as possible if :

  • You are a victim of domestic violence
  • You are physically abused by someone
  • You are molested, raped or sodomised
  • You are a victim of pornography, sexual harassment
  • You are emotionally abused i.e. by verbal abuse or
  • You are commercially exploited i.e. forced to work as a child below 16-years-old

Last Reviewed : 11 September 2013
Content Writer : Datin Dr. Sheila Marimuthu