What is frotteurism?
- This is an example of a paraphilia, which is a sexual deviant behaviour
- A person with frotteurism gets sexual satisfaction from rubbing the body or genitals against another person.
For instance :
You may have heard about a complete stranger suddenly grabbing a person and rubbing against that person. It can be a very distressing experience for the victim. This may be something you do not hear about often but it happens. (Caption: been frotted maybe a scary experience)
When to seek help?
If you are :
- Engaged in frotteurism.
- A victim of frotteurism.
- Having tendencies towards frotteurism.
- In contact with someone who needs help.
Whom and where to seek help from?
The first step is to open up and tell someone whom you trust.
- Family doctor.
Some helpful organizations are :
- Link to government agencies
- Link to NGO’s
- Befrienders: www.befrienders.org.my
- Malaysian Consultative Council for Buddhism Christianity, Hinduism, Sikhism: www.mccbchs.bobjots.org
- Islamic Medical Association of Malaysia: www.ppim.org.my
- Federation of Planning Associations Malaysia: www.ffpam.org.my
- Malaysian Medical Associations: www.mma.org.my
- Malaysian Psychiatric Associations
|Last Review||:||27 April 2012|
|Content Writer||:||Dr. Nazrila Hairizan bt. Nasir|
|Reviewer||:||Dr. Iskandar Firzada b. Osman|