A radiographer is an allied health professional who uses X-rays to produce images for diagnosis.
A radiographer uses different types of X-ray machines to produce images, such as general radiography and fluoroscopy machines, CT scanners and MRI scanners.
Applying For A Job As A Radiographer
To apply for a position as a radiographer in the public sector, a qualified person needs to complete an online application form in the Public Service Commission website i.e www.spa.gov.my.
Candidates should have the following qualification:
Appointment to Grade U29
- Diploma in radiography or radiotherapy from the Ministry of Health training colleges or other recognised qualification; or
- Grade U29 [ Starting salary : RM1,687.59 ]
– Diploma of The College of Radiographers United Kingdom or other recognised qualification
Appointment to Grade U41
- Recognised degree in related field from local institutions of higher learning or other recognised qualification.
- Grade U41 [ Starting salary: RM2,260.00 ]
- List of qualifications for appointment to grade U41:
– Diagnostic – Bachelor of Diagnostic Imaging and Radiotherapy (UKM), Bachelor in Radiography and Diagnostic Imaging (IIUM) and Bachelor of Medical Imaging (UiTM)
Radiographer Grade U29
- Clinical responsibilities
- Organisation management
- Radiation protection for patient, public and staff.
- Produce high quality images
- Education and training
- Latest technology :
Update to latest technology development.
Radiographer Grade U41
- Clinical function
– Review and examine request form and decide on projection.
– Explain the necessary procedures and preparation to the patient.
– Perform the examination as requested by the doctor.
- Care of equipment and Quality Control.
– Applying knowledge in electronics and physics to troubleshoot when necessary before reporting the problem.
– Performing inspection of equipment according to schedule.
- Management function
– Monitor and ensure a high quality radiography service
- Education and Training
– Teaching of student radiographers during their clinical posting.
– Coordinate research activity by providing materials for literature review, research methodology and information on research technique.
- Other function
– Other duties as directed by the head of department and superior officers.
Place Of Work
You can be posted to work at any government health facility such as hospitals and health clinics. 
- Official website of Public Service Commission Malaysia, http://www.spa.gov.my
|Last Reviewed||:||2 June 2016|
|Translator||:||Daud bin Ismail|
|Accreditor||:||Jasintha S. Sangarapillai|