Who will get it?
Anybody might get it. However it is not a common complaint at your age.
MOST TEENAGERS WHO HAVE CHEST PAIN DO NOT HAVE HEART DISEASE.
What are the possible causes?
- Gut problem (Gastrointestinal disorders).
E.g. Gastro esophageal reflux (most common)
E.g. costochondritis and muscle strain
- Spontaneous pneumothorax.
- Hyperventilation (rapid deep breathing).
How to differentiate the causes?
Sometimes you can differentiate the cause based on the presentation. However, it is best to consult your doctor
|Causes||How does it occur?||Presentation|
|Gastro esophageal reflux||
What should you do if you have chest pain?
- If you have Gastro esophageal reflux, the preventive steps are:
- Avoid heavy, greasy food shortly before sleep
- Prop up in bed
- Avoid/reduce stress
|Last Reviewed||:||27 April 2012|
|Content Writer||:||Dr. Nor Asiah bte. Hashim|
|Accreditor||:||Dr Kauthaman a/l Mahendran|
|Reviewer||:||Dr. Salmah bt. Nordin|
|:||Dr. Norizzati Bukhary bt. Ismail Bukhary|