Home > PRIME YEARS > Signs & Symptoms (page 2)

Signs & Symptoms

Altered Bowel Habit

Introduction The bowel is the lower part of our digestive system. It goes from the stomach until the anus. It is a hollow tube. The bowel is divided into the small bowel and the large bowel (colon and rectum). The small bowel is where food is digested and absorbed into …

Baca Selanjutnya >

Difficulty of Swallowing

Introduction Difficulty when swallowing is the sensation that food is stuck in the throat or upper chest. This may be felt behind the breastbone (sternum) or in the neck (high or lower down). It also causes impaired swallowing. Swallowing is a complex activity that involves the mouth, throat area, and …

Baca Selanjutnya >

Backache

Introduction Definition : Backache is pain or discomfort in the back, most commonly in the lower back region. Causes: There are many causes for backache. In about 75% of the cases the exact cause is not identifiable. As for the other 25% the causes may include:- Muscular Muscle sprain Muscle …

Baca Selanjutnya >

Drug Allergy

Introduction Allergic reaction is an uncommon and unwanted side effect of medication. Several different types of allergic reactions can occur. Reactions to drugs range from a mild localized rash to serious effects on vital systems. The allergic response can affect many organ systems, but the skin is the most frequently …

Baca Selanjutnya >

Flatulence

Introduction Flatulence is an act of passing or breaking wind. It happens when your body needs to get rid of the excess air that builds up from drinking and swallowing food and saliva. Flatulence can be embarrassing, but it is a common problem and affects everyone at all ages. On …

Baca Selanjutnya >

Abnormal Vaginal Bleeding

What is abnormal vaginal bleeding? Bleeding from the vagina that is not part of your monthly periods (examples): Heavy bleeding Prolonged bleeding Associated with pain Bleeding with blood clots If you experience episodes of bleeding, ask yourself these questions : Am I pregnant? What is the pattern of the bleeding? …

Baca Selanjutnya >

Hemorrhoids

What Are Hemorrhoids? Hemorrhoids are enlarged veins located in the lower part of the rectum and anus. They become pathological when swollen or inflamed.  This condition can be divided according to its location with relation to the rectum, i.e.  internal and external hemorrhoids which have different presentation and problems. Internal …

Baca Selanjutnya >

Numbness

INTRODUCTION Numbness is a condition where a person suffers deficiency or loss of feel (sensation). The condition is usually caused by peripheral nerve impingement. Numbness can occur on any part of the body depending on the type and location of the affected nerve. Numbness more often is felt on the …

Baca Selanjutnya >