What is Anorexia Nervosa?
- It is a problem when you refuse to eat for fear of becoming fat
- You think that you are fatter than you actually are, even when you are underweight
- Somehow you think that you can never be thin enough
- Over-exercising may also be a common behaviour
Consequences of Anorexia Nervosa
- You can feel depressed.
- You will not have enough nutrition, hence feel and look unwell:
- Teeth and skin turn yellow
- Hair and fingernails become brittle and break easily
- Lost of hair (on your head)
- Fine hair grows all over your body (called Lanugos hair)
- Girls tend to have delayed period.
- You may die due to body organ failure.
|Last Reviewed||:||27 April 2012|
|Content Writer||:||Prof. Madya Dr. Alvin Ng Lai Oon|
|Reviewer||:||Dr. Norharlina bt. Bahar|